Mason Jar Recipe: Vegetarian Sea Asparagus Pesto Cauliflower Rice
The uber talented and creative cook, Victoria at masonjarrecipe.com created this convenient on-the-go mason jar recipe featuring our superfood Sea Asparagus Pesto. This recipe is a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your diet because you can add as many additional veggies as you'd like!
- Cauliflower rice
- Asparagus – we prefer the thicker stalks of asparagus, but the only ones available at the time were these thin ones.
- Lemon Juice
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Foraged & Found Sea Asparagus Pesto
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep your asparagus and tomatoes by washing, drying and cutting them.
- In a medium saucepan cook your cauliflower rice.
- In a separate pan add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Melt butter in pan and add cut up veggies to pan. Cook veggies on medium heat until they’re cooked through but still slightly firm. You don’t want soggy, limp vegetables.
- Combine cauli rice in with veggie mixture and stir together. Add pesto sauce, dash of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything until well combined, warm and serve.
- Add parmesan cheese to taste when serving. You can also add this while everything is still in the saucepan, so you can stir it in and melt it on the rest of the dish.
- Use fresh lemon juice– we only had the container of lemon juice on hand. We think this recipe would’ve been even better with fresh squeezed lemon juice, so feel free to give that a try.
- Trade out caulirice– try riced broccoli or go for some pasta if you aren’t in need of a dish so rich in vegetables.
- Use fresh caulirice– make your own riced cauliflower instead of the bagged version.
- Add toppings– we totally think you could add pine nuts to this dish and really bring another new delish element to the recipe. It would add another nice crunch. Since the Asparagus pesto sauce already has almonds in it, if you add sliced almonds it would be another great variation.
- Add protein– try adding some chicken, shrimp or even Alaskan Salmon for a real fantastic recipe if you don’t need a vegetarian version.
- Swap garlic – instead of already minced garlic, you could get your own garlic cloves and mince your own fresh garlic.
Visit masonjarrecipe.com for the full recipe.
Learn more about our wild-harvested superfood sea asparagus!